Spoon's opened on Hawthorne Lane in 1929 and was owned by Whitney and Elizabeth Spoon. Elizabeth earned the nickname "The Ice Cream Lady" from the generations of families that flocked to Spoon's for all of her homemade flavors. The Spoons would sell the business in 1978 and food was added to the menu. Ice cream was still served but not from Elizabeth's famous recipes. The standing building is all that currently remains of the Spoon's legacy and ice cream.