The New York Cafe was located in the heart of downtown Charlotte for over 50 years. It opened in 1906 and ran through the mid-1960's. Originally located at 127 West Trade St, it moved to 319 East Trade St at some point during the '50's. They appear to have offered everything one could want (Kraut juice anyone?). The above menu is from the 1940's.